Video Recording: Meal Planning & Nourishment for Your Menstrual Cycle with Yvonne Matthews
The menstrual cycle is vital to understand on an individual level and is an essential marker of our hormone levels and overall health. During each cycle, we go through four phases: bleeding, follicular, ovulation, and luteal. Most of us have not been educated to track these four phases and how they affect us in profound ways, from mood, to energy, to shifting nutritional needs.
We are now learning the importance of having what health practitioners call an “inner hormone GPS.” Attuning to these phases, and learning their signs and symptoms, can give us vital information about the different self-care, lifestyle, and nutritional needs we need to support a healthy menstrual cycle. We can also let go of all the myths we’ve been told about how having pain, cramps, and a host of other difficult symptoms is just a “normal” part of having a period.
In this workshop, participants will learn how to use specific foods and herbs as medicine and nourishment to support each phase, and prepare for it with ease through meal planning and preparation.
In this class you will:
- Learn all about your menstrual cycle, hormones and the four phases (bleeding, follicular, ovulation, and luteal).
- Understand your cycle and what the signals and symptoms are telling you about your own health and nutritional needs.
- Discuss different types of supportive diets and how macronutrients can support each cyclical phase, its hormonal balance, and how to build your own meals and plate.
- Learn how to meal-plan and prep with ease and confidence, including a printable handout you can use over and over.
- Join Yvonne in the kitchen to make one recipe. Together we’ll make a vegan lentil bowl tailored for estrogen balance during the luteal phase – with additional options provided for all who have different nutritional needs or food restrictions.
Supplies to bring to class:
- 1 cup of black lentils, dried or cooked in advanced
- 2-3 radishes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 shallot
- Your choice of fresh herbs: dill, chives, parsley, oregano (dried is ok too, fresh is best here)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A notebook & pen
All levels are welcome. This workshop is also an introduction to the nutrition classes Yvonne teaches at Land of Verse School of Herbal Studies.
*If you have any food restrictions or allergies and need alternatives to this recipe, you’re welcome to email the instructor in advance of class, and Yvonne will provide you with some different options!
*This class takes place online. Live attendance is highly encouraged, but we understand life happens. There will be a video replay for those pre-registered students unable to attend.
Yvonne Matthews, BCHN®, NC, is a board-certified holistic nutritionist, herbalist, wellness advisor and educator, and faculty member at Land of Verse School of Herbal Studies. She believes strongly in bio-individuality – the idea that everybody is different and should be treated as such. She doesn’t believe in diets, restriction and deprivation. While personalized nutrition and food is her focus, she works holistically, body, mind and soul and with herbs, supplements, habits and lifestyle shifts for optimal and lasting results.
She practices general nutrition but specializes in supporting athletes at all levels with peak performance, women’s health including fertility and menstrual health, skin health, weight and body image, addictions, blood sugar balance, hormone balance, self-care, stress reduction and habit shifts! Her desire is to share her knowledge in a simple, practical and engaging way so you can feel like yourself again and enjoy life! Yvonne received her B.S. from Georgetown University, her nutrition certification from Bauman College and is currently completing her Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition and Integrative Health at Maryland University of Integrative Health.
This is a video recording of a previous live class.
How to access the Video Recording: You will receive a link upon registration to access the video recording and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
Online Classes Cancellation Policy:
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage