ONLINE: Herbs + Menopause: Optimizing Health & Wellbeing in the Menopausal Years with Lisa Fox, LM, CPM - September 14th, 5:30-7:30pm PT
Menopause marks a powerful transition. It is a time to celebrate the wisdom of a life well-lived, and an opportunity to explore new experiences with creativity and character. The years leading up to this time, known as perimenopause, can be a time of chaotic hormonal fluctuations. These changes can require attention and intention in order to maintain wellness.
In this class we will explore how the body changes during the perimenopausal phase and discuss specific therapeutic strategies for resilience as the body moves towards the transition of menopause.
We will discuss specific nutritional needs, special considerations for different body types, and herbal medicine options such as adaptogens (stress reducers) and nervines (calming the nervous system) to help ease the way. As part of this offering, we will create space for exploring our emotions around society and aging gracefully.
- A notebook & a pen
- Tulsi tea (this can be found at your local herb shop, health food store, or at Scarlet Sage)
- A teapot or water kettle
How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific.
Lisa is a Clinical Herbalist, Holistic Gynecologist, Midwife, wildcrafter and medicine maker. She has been involved in community led healthcare since the mid 1990's. As a Licensed Midwife, she has worked in integrated clinical settings to provide Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention services and Midwifery care. In addition, she has offered more generalized care in a wide variety of settings including remote rural villages of southern Mexico, borderland birthing centers and homeless encampments of West Oakland.
Lisa has spent 25 years wandering in wild places to discover the magic and medicine of the natural world and, thanks to her many great teachers, has knowledge and experience of the healing properties of hundreds of medicinal plants. She is passionate about Health Education with an emphasis on Self Care strategies, and is excited to share about the potent medicine of plants to promote community health and resilience.
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Online Classes Cancellation Policy:
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage