ONLINE: Medicine of the Season, Herbs for Winter Wellness with Sarah Jane Fairless - Jan 12th 6-8pm PT
Winter is a time of retreat and entering into the big dream. Just like the plants, our energy moves inward to build the foundation for a healthy and productive year ahead.
No one can deny the fortifying and rejuvenating power of a good broth! Broths are easy-to-digest liquid gold that hydrate and provide dense nutrition and immune system support, while allowing the body to redirect energy towards recovery and rest. In this class we discuss the best methods for preparing both bone broth as well as vegan recipes.
We will cover which herbs make great additions, their medicinal benefits, as well as how to formulate for flavor and potency. Sarah Jane will demo her favorite way to make broth in class.
We invite students to save in-advance their veggie scraps and bones (if you'd like) to make their own medicinal broths at home!
We can forage in your spice rack, fridge, or grocery store for herbal additions you likely already have access to.
We will also discuss herbs and bodywork techniques for enhancing sleep and staying warm - plus instructions on how to make a potent and fun herbal dream pillow. Join us for this cozy class and start getting "stocked" for the season!
A list of suggested supplies will be provided in advance of class.
Students will receive a quick reference guide for all recipes and instructions.
Scholarships for BIPOC Are Available; please inquire by email.
Sarah Jane Fairless is a certified clinical herbalist, educator, and ardent lover of nature. Her passion was sparked by growing up on family farms alongside her grandparents who taught her about the intimate connection and bountiful rewards of stewarding the land and living in harmony with the seasons. Currently, Sarah Jane maintains a private clinical practice in San Francisco.
She makes potent plant medicines and teaches classes about herbalism and holistic self-care. She is passionate about creating accessible and affordable herbal support for all. Sarah Jane serves as a core faculty member for Scarlet Sage's School of the Healing Arts certification program.
Her favorite place is the kitchen where she loves to incorporate herbs and spices to make healing and delicious foods to share with her community.
You can learn more about Sarah Jane at http://www.sarahjanefairless.com/
- IG handle: @sarahjanefairless
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage