ONLINE: Reclaiming Sexual Pleasure Through Ancestral Insight: Incense, Smudge-Making, & Smoke Healing with Yayi Joyce (Part 3 in Series) - September 29, 6-7:30pm PT
Giving ourselves permission to experience pleasure on all levels is a radical act.
We live in a culture that often discourages us from feeling good in our bodies, claiming our desires, and opening ourselves to happiness. If we've experienced trauma or loss, it is easy to feel even more disconnected from pleasure.
Or perhaps you are just tired of people-pleasing, and it’s time to please yourself.
When we seek pleasure along a healing path, our ancestors offer wisdom and blessings along the way.
In Hoodoo & Rootwork (South Carolina Style), we work with the seasons to experience bringing our desires to fruition. Summer is the time of calling in blessings and activating our fire.
Rootworker Yayi Joyce will guide us for a four-part series on how to welcome and embody our sexual pleasure in new and transformative ways.
In this class, we will work with traditional folk and plant-medicine techniques to honor our healed ancestors, and the healing gifts within ourselves, through fire and smoke. We’ll step into a deeper layer of a sexual embodiment with these honor rituals: igniting our worth, inner power, and joy.
Together we will make a traditional incense or dry smoke offering to clear out energies that are hindering you from your pleasure – and from honoring of your body, worth, power, and emotions. As we work with smoke rituals, we will learn to take pleasure in some of our most difficult emotions, such as shame and grief. Taking pleasure in these emotions offers a pathway to restoring our sexual integrity and pleasure.
Suggested Supplies for Class:
• Journal and pen
• Candle or incense
• parchment paper or a piece of a brown paper bag
• Bowl of water
• 1/4 cup of pine resin (optional)
• Suggested dried herbs: horehound, Solomon's Seal root powder, lemon leaves, clove, nutmeg, rosemary, mint, lemongrass, coriander, rose petals, marshmallow root powder, cinnamon, dried orange peels. You can choose how many you like. (You do not have to have all the herbs!). Many of these herbs can be found at Scarlet Sage or your local nursery and market.
• herbal tea like chamomile or lavender
• Body oil from class no. 1 (optional)
*This class is part three in a four-part series. You can take these classes separately or together as a group; however, together they build upon one another and offer a beautiful crescendo when taken together.
We are so excited for this unique class series, and we can't think of a better teacher than Yayi to guide us along the pleasure path.
How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific.
Yayi Joyce is the founder and owner of Hoodoo Healing, specializing in teaching Geechee Rootwork and herbal healing to BIPOC. Joyce has been studying herbalism and aromatherapy for 20 years. She is a holistic health coach & priestess, herbalist, teacher, and naturalist who lives in Atlanta, Georgia; you can find her extracts medicine or speaking herbal lore. Yayi Joyce loves bringing an eclectic and other energetic approaches to herbal healing.
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Online Classes Cancellation Policy:
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage