Finding the Light: The Mythology and Medicine of Persephone in Spring (Part 2 in Series) with Kursten Hedgis - March 18th, 5:30 - 7:00 PM PT
In this two-part Full Moon workshop series, Kursten shares a modern feminist retelling of the myth(s) of Persephone, threading out the patriarchal voices and views that color the stories of this powerful Goddess.
For the first workshop on the December Full Moon, we explore the Winter archetype represented by the Goddess of the Underworld. Through selected readings of poems and spells, you'll also hear how Persephone's Dark Goddess energy shows up in literature and magic. The Winter myths examined focus on themes surrounding her lover, Hades/Pluto, God of the Underworld.
For the second workshop on the March Full Moon (right before the Spring Equinox!), we unfold with the season and learn about the Spring archetypes tied to Persephone- the Maiden, Kore, Goddess of Spring). The Spring myths examined focus on themes surrounding her mother, Demeter, Goddess of the Harvest.
In each class, you learn 5 herbs associated with Persphone that relate to medicinal and ritual uses in the winter and spring seasons respectively.
Kursten closes each workshop with a meditation experience crafted to allow you to drop in and embody the two sides of this magnificent Goddess of multitudes.
This listing is for the Week 1 workshop.
You can purchase the Week 2 workshop here.
...OR get the two-part series of workshops for a discount here!
This class takes place online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens. There will be a video replay for those pre-registered students unable to attend.
How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific.
Kursten (sag ☀️️/ leo ⬆️ / scorpio🌙) is an herbalist and community facilitator with a nurturing essence endlessly drawn to all avenues of expressing and liberating the divine fxminine.
Her ancestry is a mix of Mediterranean cultures and lineage tracing back to the Aegean Islands, specifically Crete. She is a second-generation Greek American raised in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Her practice and perspective fuse together the myths and offerings her grandparents ushered through Ellis Island and the folk medicine found in the farmlands and mason jars of the South East.
She is currently expanding her commitment to herbal education by taking and class assisting the 2021 SOTHA Apprentice Herbalist Program. Her previous studies include Foundations of Herbalism with Patricia Howell at Botanologos, medicine making from Lorna Mauney-Brodek at Herbalista (For the People, By the People!), 5 Element Chinese Medicine with Judith Kenen, L.Ac, and all the workshops and classes she can get her Zoom into!
When she isn't making medicine or re-imagining mythology, you can find her working with Scarlet Sage and the School of Traditional Healing arts curating workshops and programs involving the esoteric arts.
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Online Classes Cancellation Policy:
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage