evanhealy Beauty Balm Blue Cactus
A sanctuary for dry, troubled, reactive, mature & sensitive skin
Blue Cactus Beauty Balm more closely resembles a solid oil than the typical waxy salve-texture of conventional balms. It melts on contact with the skin, transforming from an airy butter into a plush, silken oil.
This highly concentrated, antioxidant-rich feast is a dream in turquoise. It has been artfully formulated to comfort and consecrate all skin. The moisture-drench replenishment of this cooling, azure cloud cream features heat-pacifying blue tansy, powerful prickly pear seed, nourishing baobab, and protective Kpersi Village shea butter.
Through the synergy of the plant allies that comprise it, Blue Cactus Balm is abundant in:
- Essential Fatty Acids — support the protective lipid barrier, soften, fortify and support
- Vitamin E — restorative antioxidant, softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and prevents further oxidative damage
- Phytosterols — help maintain barrier function and encourage collagen production
- Polyphenols — harmonize, pacify heat, prevent free-radical damage, and rejuvenate
This balm is for people who want the soothing, restorative and calming effects of Blue Cactus Beauty Elixir, but with a bit more moisture and protection. Where our Blue Cactus Elixir is Evan’s love song to the desert, Blue Cactus Balm is a global, intersectional, invitation to all skin. An invitation for rest, an invitation for nourishment, and an invitation for cooling tranquility.
While it is a wonderful choice for all skin, the skin conditions that will benefit most from its deep, cooling nourishment are…
- Unquenchably dry
- Extremely reactive and sensitive
- Endlessly red and/or chapped
- Over-processed, over-exfoliated, compromised, and troubled
- For all skin — especially sensitive, fiery, devitalized, troubled, over-processed, dry, mature, and acne-prone
- The juncture between antioxidant serum, moisturizer, and facial butter
- With prickly pear, baobab, blue tansy, baobab, and shea butter — a solid version of our Blue Cactus Beauty Elixir
- As Moisturizer: Melt a small amount in the palm of your hand, then massage into skin. For deeper moisture, blend with one of our Facial Tonic HydroSouls.
- As Moisturizing Mask: Massage about two fingertips of Blue Cactus Balm into skin. Lay a warm, damp washcloth over face to steam into skin, pressing over cheeks, chin and forehead. Repeat until completely absorbed.
To maintain Blue Cactus Beauty Balm’s purity, silken texture, and the ease with which it melts into skin, we’ve added no stabilizers or emulsifiers to this highly concentrated formula. Thus, Blue Cactus Beauty Balm is prone to melting when exposed to heat — whether that be the warmth of skin or the warmth of summer. In the jar, once melted, the texture can change slightly from its original state, and become slightly grainy. The melting, re-solidification, or change in texture in no way affects the quality or efficacy of the product. However for sensory purposes, if you prefer a smoother, solid texture, here’s what to do:
If your balm is in a liquid state OR If your balm is grainy — Make sure the cap on the jar is securely fastened and place it in shallow bowl of hot water. Once the balm has completely liquified, place it into the fridge overnight. This will restore it to its original, smooth and silky texture.
*Information given is the historical use of medicinal herbs. This information is for educational purposes only, not FDA approved.
We do not intend to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Please use all herbs under the advice and counsel of your local herbalist, midwife, spiritual advisor, and/or doctor.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage