ONLINE: Reclaiming Sexual Pleasure Through Ancestral Insight: Desire as Activation for Healing with Yayi Joyce (Part 2 in Series) - August 25th, 6-7:30pm PT
Giving ourselves permission to experience pleasure on all levels is a radical act.
We live in a culture that often discourages us from feeling good in our bodies, claiming our desires, and opening ourselves to happiness. If we've experienced trauma or loss, it is easy to feel even more disconnected from pleasure.
Or perhaps you are just tired of people-pleasing, and it’s time to please yourself.
When we seek pleasure along a healing path, our ancestors offer wisdom and blessings along the way.
In Hoodoo & Rootwork (South Carolina Style), we work with the seasons to experience bringing our desires to fruition. Summer is the time of calling in blessings and activating our fire.
Rootworker Yayi Joyce will guide us for a four-part series on how to welcome and embody our sexual pleasure in new and transformative ways.
In this class, we will step into a new gateway of profound ancestral healing. Yayi will guide you to shift from a place of burden (all the “should’s” you experience) to desire: as a service to yourself and your whole intergenerational line. We will each connect to our own lineages' empowered and healed ancestors as we ignite our desires and deepen our sacred embodiment of pleasure.
During class, we’ll be making a traditional healing Hoodoo floral water called Flowa Wata. Flowa Water is used for blessings and cleansings, helping us let go of bad relationships, bad breakups, and other significant losses. Ceremonial use will open our senses and emotions, allowing us to travel to a place where we feel truly cared for.
Suggested Supplies for Class:
• A journal and pen
• Choose a bundle of 4 fresh or dried herbs (such as calendula, red clover tops, chamomile, rose petals, sage, lemon leaves, lemon balm, hibiscus). Choose herbs that will be gentle for your p*ssy, bussy, or pelvic region; working with fresh, local, and sustainable herbs helps us connect with our healed and supportive ancestors and support the ancestral lands in which we live. These can be found at Scarlet Sage or your local nursery and market.
• 2-3 cups of distilled water
• 24 oz. jar or larger
• Teabags or tea strainer
• fractionated coconut oil
We are so excited for this unique class series, and we can't think of a better teacher than Yayi to guide us along the pleasure path.
* This class is part two in a four-part series. You can take these classes separately or together as a group; however, together they build into a beautiful crescendo.
How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific.
Yayi Joyce is the founder and owner of Hoodoo Healing, specializing in teaching Geechee Rootwork and herbal healing to BIPOC. Joyce has been studying herbalism and aromatherapy for 20 years. She is a holistic health coach & priestess, herbalist, teacher, and naturalist who lives in Atlanta, Georgia; you can find her extracts medicine or speaking herbal lore. Yayi Joyce loves bringing an eclectic and other energetic approaches to herbal healing.
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Online Classes Cancellation Policy:
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage