ONLINE: Reclaiming Sexual Pleasure Through Ancestral Insight: Daily Rituals to Ignite Your Flame with Yayi Joyce (Part 4 in Series) - October 27th, 6-7:30pm PT
Giving ourselves permission to experience pleasure on all levels is a radical act.
We live in a culture that often discourages us from feeling good in our bodies, claiming our desires, and opening ourselves to happiness. If we've experienced trauma or loss, it is easy to feel even more disconnected from pleasure.
Or perhaps you are just tired of people-pleasing, and it’s time to please yourself.
When we seek pleasure along a healing path, our ancestors offer wisdom and blessings along the way.
In Hoodoo & Rootwork (South Carolina Style), we work with the seasons and elements to experience bringing our desires to fruition.
Rootworker Yayi Joyce will guide us for a four-part series on how to welcome and embody our sexual pleasure in new and transformative ways.
In this class, we will focus on daily rituals and techniques you can use for anchoring pleasure into your daily life. We will weave together a new embodied pleasure of self, ancestral healing, and reclaiming of our divine femme/fxminine worth.
In this class, we will build a Conjured Oil Lamp: a ritual Rootwork practice to keep your pleasure and sexual fire going. With this sacred practice, you’ll be building your own “inner fire” for your ongoing personal empowerment.
Suggested Supplies for Class:
• Journal and pen
• Candle or incense
• A simple oil lamp (can be purchased online), or a fireproof base to hold oil such as a mason jar, iron pot, or strong glass container.
• A wick for the lamp or container
• parchment paper or piece of a brown paper bag
• Bowl of water
• Suggested dried herbs: horehound, Solomon's Seal root powder, dried lemon leaves, clove, nutmeg, rosemary, mint, lemongrass, coriander, rose petals, marshmallow root powder, cinnamon, dried orange peels. You can choose how many you like. You do not have to have all the herbs, but it’s recommended to have some Solomon’s Seal root or powder for this class. Many of these herbs can be found at Scarlet Sage or your local nursery or market.
• tea bags or tea strainer
• chamomile or lavender tea
• The body oil from class no. 1 (optional)
*This class is part four in a four-part series. You can take these classes separately or together as a group; however, they build upon one another and offer a beautiful crescendo when taken together.
We are so excited for this unique class series, and we can't think of a better teacher than Yayi to guide us along the pleasure path.
How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific.
Yayi Joyce is the founder and owner of Hoodoo Healing, specializing in teaching Geechee Rootwork and herbal healing to BIPOC. Joyce has been studying herbalism and aromatherapy for 20 years. She is a holistic health coach & priestess, herbalist, teacher, and naturalist who lives in Atlanta, Georgia; you can find her extracts medicine or speaking herbal lore. Yayi Joyce loves bringing an eclectic and other energetic approaches to herbal healing.
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Online Classes Cancellation Policy:
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage