Connecting with Ancestral Guidance For Personal and Collective Healing with Vanessa Radman - September 29th, 6-8pm PT
In these complicated and potent times, how do we align with our hearts, shed unnecessary baggage and cultivate resilience for moving into a new paradigm of existence?
What if there was a way to heal both personal intergenerational trauma and cultural toxins while fully embodying your unique gifts?
Everyone has ancestors that are kind, loving, wise and willing to connect.
Cultivating this relationship is a learnable skill that can resource our lives and act as a gateway for tremendous personal, family, cultural and planetary healing.
This method of ancestral lineage healing is based on the teachings of Dr. Daniel Foor. It takes a non-dogmatic approach and is grounded in an anti-oppression, earth honoring/animist framework.
This intro workshop will be experiential, with time at the end for (optional) sharing and Q&A.
Who is this for:
*anyone curious to know more about how to connect with their ancestors
(including those who may or may not know where their people are from)
- Those who have had difficult experiences of family, are adopted and/or from non-traditional family structures are all warmly encouraged to attend.
In this workshop together we will explore:
- What is meant by ‘ancestral healing’ (and what that means for those who did not grow up in a culture that venerates the ancestors)
- What are the potential benefits of engaging in healthy ways with our ancestors
- How to connect with supportive, loving ancestors in a safe, embodied way
- How they can resource you in these changing times and beyond
- How we can be in healthy, sacred reciprocity with them
Vanessa Radman is a first generation queer femme herbalist, full spectrum doula, sex educator and writer dedicated to collective liberation. She has been working with plants as remedies since 2008.
She supports those navigating the relationship between belonging, personal healing and the healing of our communities, ancestors and the living earth. Her trauma-informed, intersectional feminist approach acknowledges the innate wisdom of each person’s journey and is grounded by her training in Western, Energetic, and traditional folk herbalism, flower essences, spirit medicine, ritual and navigating the wild knowing of the heart.
Vanessa has studied herbalism with Juliet Blankespoor (Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine) and Lupo Passero (Twin Star Herbs), Karyn Sanders and Sarah Holmes (Blue Otter School) as well as plant spirit healing with Pam Montgomery, Southern Italian folk healing with Gail Faith Edwards and ancestral lineage healing with Dr. Daniel Foor. Her ancestors are most recently from Ireland, Sicily and the Dalmatian coast (Croatia).
She is grateful to live and love on Yelamu Ohlone land.
- We will send the Zoom link by email 24h prior to the class. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Joining and configuring audio and video.
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage