Video Recording: Community Herbalist Workshop with Laura Ash
What makes a Community Herbalist?
A Community Herbalist is someone who takes care of their community by creating herbal medicine with local plants while supporting traditional healing practices with modern research.
In this class, we will explore the herbal wisdom and practices of the community herbalist.
We will get a chance to talk about 5 herbs to support building immunity, cold and flu season, and discuss what is most important to the community as we shift seasons.
This class is an introduction to what the SOTHA + Verse 2023 Herbalist Certifications dive into.
This is a video recording of a previous live class.
How to access the Video Recording: You will receive a link upon registration to access the video recording and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific.
Laura Ash, Clinical Herbalist, Owner of The Scarlet Sage Herb Co.
Laura Ash (she/her) is a clinical herbalist, a mother, a teacher, a dancer, a storyteller, and a social entrepreneur. In 2006, Laura graduated from The California School of Herbal Studies in Clinical Herbal Medicine while running a chai tea company, and in 2008, Laura co-founded Avra Organic Spa in San Francisco, founded Herbal Anthropology Project, 501(c)3 in 2011, and in 2015 acquired The Scarlet Sage Herb Co. Laura's current passions are in supporting feminist business principles and encouraging sound financial education for healers.Laura has studied with many teachers; David Hoffmann, Matthew Wood, Dr. Vasant Lad, to name a few. She has also been a guest lecturer teaching Western herbalism at UW Madison. Laura has consulted with wellness start-ups exiting the Oxford School of Business. After living overseas in the UK and East Africa, Laura has felt a sacred obligation to support Indigenous People in their health sovereignty, and in 2011 she started a nonprofit called Herbal Anthropology Project which has protected Traditional Medicine through the framework of the Traditional Knowledge Division of the World Intellectual Property Organization. Laura’s business education includes Goldman Sachs, social impact finance, Indigenous impact investing, and product development in the natural channel.
Laura currently lives in San Francisco, California with her two children and her partner.
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage