ONLINE: Business for Healers + Creatives - a Two-Part Series with Laura Ash & Laina Miller, October 20th & 27th, 9am-2pm PT
How do you run a business to provide you with the life you want?
Business for Healers + Creatives was designed with a feminist lens tailored specifically toward emerging solopreneurs who are in transition in their brand aesthetic, launching something new, redefining their business goals, or updating their offerings. Through art meditations, manifestation exercises, and brass tacks business concepts, this 2-class series will focus on how to align your values and purpose to your financial and business goals. Laura and Laina will offer the tools to realign the inner workings of your company with the outcomes of financial abundance and work/life balance.
This course is for –
- solopreneurs who have a company
- creatives who are curious if running a business is possible without an MBA
- dreamers in need of aesthetic guidance
- healers reimagining their career
This course includes –
- Downloadable pdfs for your guided work-focused art meditations
- Pre-made spreadsheets for financial projections for products and services
- Templates for moodboards and brand guide books
- Real life stories of how-tos and what-not-tos
- Ongoing connections with other like-minded entrepreneurs
- Discounts for 1:1 sessions with Laura and Laina
*This class is the primer to a one-week entrepreneurial retreat offered in 2023. All students from Business for Healers + Creatives will receive the total of this class as a credit towards the retreat. More information to come!
About your teachers: Laura Ash is a 5-time entrepreneur, Clinical Herbalist, and dedicated feminist business owner. Laura has been down the entrepreneur road, from a solopreneur to founding investor-led start-up.
Laina Miller is an artist and designer with a successful history of bolstering the visual presence of growing brands. She has worked with notable companies such as Madewell and Anthropologie and is dedicated to helping emerging artists and entrepreneurs develop their visual presence with integrity. Visit Laina at @_lainamiller on Instagram.
**This class takes place online. Live attendance is highly encouraged, but we understand life happens. There will be a video replay for those pre-registered students unable to attend.
About your teachers: Laura Ash is a 5-time entrepreneur, Clinical Herbalist, and dedicated feminist business owner. Laura has been down the entrepreneur road, from a solopreneur to founding investor-led start-up. Laina Miller is an artist and designer with a successful history of bolstering the visual presence of growing brands. She has worked with notable companies such as Madewell and Anthropologie and is dedicated to helping emerging artists and entrepreneurs develop their visual presence with integrity.
Laura began her herbal medicine journey in 2000, and has never looked back. Laura became a clinical herbalist in 2005, studying with medical herbalists and folk healers.
After living overseas in the UK and East Africa, Laura has felt a sacred obligation to support Indigenous People in their health sovereignty, and in 2011 she started a nonprofit called Herbal Anthropology Project, which has protected Maasai Traditional Medicine in Tanzania through the framework of the Traditional Knowledge Division of the World Intellectual Property Organization. In 2015, Laura acquired The Scarlet Sage Herb Co. in San Francisco, built its online presence, and in 2018 launched The Scarlet Sage School of Traditional Healing Arts, while keeping it profitable and community-centered.
Laura founded Land of Verse, an online wellness education marketplace in 2021 to bring trusted voices in the healing arts into the forefront. As a Masterclass for healers, these scalable classes are poised to bring vetted voices to the masses, engaging people of all levels to experience the power of ancestral remembering.
Laura's professional specialties and passions are helping build profitable & scalable female-owned health and wellness companies, educating the world about holistic wellbeing, herbal medicine product discovery and branding, supporting appropriate cross-cultural relationships, and achieving a triple-bottom-line while having fun.
Follow Laura at The Scarlet Sage's IG: @thescarletsage
Laina is a creative professional with a successful history of bolstering the visual presence of growing brands. By honing in on the significance of each client's own unique point of view, Laina helps them gain the tools to foster their company’s vision and develop a values-based branding system. Since launching her career as an artist and designer, Laina has focused primarily on wellness, beauty, and lifestyle industries; designing identities, art-directing campaigns, and cultivating communities within leading brands and agencies across the country.
Laina has a rich background as a ballet dancer, activist, social emotional arts instructor, creative wellness consultant, and single mother. She places emphasis on meaningful aesthetics and the creative process in her personal and professional pursuits. Each endeavor has influenced her dedication to helping artists and entrepreneurs develop their visual presence with integrity.
Brands + Agencies:
Madewell, Anthropologie, Ojai Valley Inn + Spa, OPI, Murad Skincare, Smashbox Cosmetics, Boom Bang, INK.
Elle Magazine, The New York Times, The Porchtime Podcast, The Well-Lived Woman.
- Registration is required for online classes. Please note that we will close online registrations an hour before the start of the class.
- This class takes place live online. Live attendance is encouraged, but we understand life happens.
- How to access the Zoom Link + Video Replay: You will receive a link upon registration to access the live class zoom link, video replay, and class materials through our online secure learning platform, Thinkific. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it and email us.
- Please make sure to register with an active email address.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time during the live class.
- It’s important that you stay muted unless asking a question at an appropriate time.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Downloading the Zoom app is recommended. And watch these Zoom instructional videos: Joining a meeting and Testing your audio settings.
Online Classes Cancellation Policy:
Our team members and teachers are committed to serving our community in those difficult times by providing affordable online classes.
Please note that our online classes are non-refundable and no class credits will be issued in case of cancellation.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage