Passionate about herbalism but not sure if it can become a lucrative full time business?
Create stability in your career by focusing your education. When you enter into the Scarlet Sage Clinical Western Herbalism program, you choose a specific field of study in your third year to develop through an herbal apprenticeship. Apprenticeships are the traditional way herbal knowledge was transmitted, however it’s a rare opportunity in our modern times. At SOTHA we’re revitalizing this cultural framework.
Apprenticeship tracts include:
- Botanical Beauty: Product line creation and medicine making, preservation, sustainable supply chain, apprenticing with a successful local product line.
- Perfumery: aromatherapy, aromacology, formulating, extraction methods, toxicology, building a product line.
- First-Aid: legal considerations, best first-aid plants and preparation, first-aid for climate disaster and relief, trauma-informed care, first-aid tent set-up, 1 week of working in first-aid care at a community event.
- Clinical practice: In 2021 SOTHA is launching a Community Clinic in San Francisco. You will have the opportunity to work weekly directly with clients, supervised by a teacher. Using your diagnostics skills of pulse and tongue, custom plant medicine formulating, you will work with individual clients long term over one year.
- Earth Cultivation: Through an alliance with a local farm we will have seasonal seeding, cultivation and harvesting of medicinal herbs. Ritual of land based traditions.
Within all apprenticeship tracts, you’ll also receive a foundation of three years of herbal business entrepreneurship courses including: business legal structures, marketing, branding, financial tools and organization, e-commerce, social media, and more.
We’ll teach you how to work equally in your herbal medicine business and on your business!