IN-PERSON: Art Meditations: A Guided Creative Mindfulness Experience with Laina Miller - August 11th, 5:30-7PM PT
Join us for a very special evening of creativity and deeply restorative self-care with artist Laina Miller.
Research shows that simple creative activities significantly reduce stress levels, relieve anxiety, and increase awareness of our healing path. Within the Art Meditation workshop, Laina will guide us through a restorative flow of meditative art exercises that call on the benefits of mindfulness, inwardness, and creativity. By tapping into our innate creative energy, we will relax into our bodies and minds, release judgement, and gain access to the insights and feelings that are otherwise muddled by our busy, distracted daily lives.
What to expect:
- a soothing and supportive ambiance that holds space for exploring our inner consciousness
- a print from the Art Meditations Folio to work with and explore (you choose the design that resonates for you in the moment)
- a mindfulness exercise that stabilizes the nervous system
- a centering candlelight meditation that aids in going inward to connect with our true selves
- a deeply engaging, sustained creative activity where expectation is released and a sense of freedom is revealed
- an option to share + bond with fellow classmates after the experience
This will be a beautifully immersive evening set with natural elements from the season, candles, tea, music, and a variety of artistic tools from Laina’s personal collection. Each participant will walk away with a piece of art directly pulled from their unique rhythmic energy of self, as well as a new therapeutic technique to incorporate into their daily meditation practice and personal self-care routine.
The Art Meditation workshop is for everyone and does not require any skill level. No need to be an “artist”. All are welcome.
This class will be live in-person at The Scarlet Sage Herb Co., 1193 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94110.
*COVID Protocols. Masks are required for all participants, although the teacher will be unmasked. Please do not come if you are feeling unwell. Thank you!
Laina Miller is dedicated to the belief that Art is Therapy.
Drawing from her career as a professional artist and designer, in combination with her own personal journey navigating inner trauma, Laina is focused on shedding light on the therapeutic benefits of creating and viewing art. Meaningful aesthetics are the cornerstone of her work, offering personalized art commissions for home interiors, Art Meditation workshops, and an assortment of artful wellness products that serve as tools for living a more elevated life. You can visit lainamiller.com to learn more.
In-Person Events cancellation policy:
Out of respect for our teachers, we kindly ask you to cancel at least 24 hours in advance, as the seating for our classes is very limited. If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent by email. Please make sure you state your name and the name of the class in your email.
- An event credit in the amount of the original purchase price will be issued for cancellations received 24 hours prior to the start of the event. Please contact us by email to register for another class of your choice. Event credit is available for a period of six months - according to availability.
- No event credit will be issued for cancellations received within 24 hours of the event, nor failure to attend.
Our Wellness Space and School of Traditional Healing Arts is located below Scarlet Sage, and is not ADA compliant; you will need to walk down 15 stairs to access the classroom and the Wellness Space. Please let us know if you need help walking into the space. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us here with any questions or give us a call between 11-7 PST at 415-821-0997. We can fill orders for you over the phone as well as online.
Thank you for your love and support!
xo Scarlet Sage